Finglas Childcare Ltd. was formed in 1993 as a community group, to respond to the need for childcare facilities in the Finglas area. Finglas Childcare Ltd. provides quality, affordable early years care and education for children aged 1 to 6 years to enable their parents to access education, training and employment opportunities or children referred from TUSLA and related agencies.
Each setting offers childcare placements to parents who are participating in;
- Education courses e.g. Leaving Certificate/Junior Certificate/ Adult literacy classes
- Solas training courses
- DEASP sponsored programmes e.g. Community Employment/TUS
- Returning to Employment
- Voluntary community activities
- To provide quality affordable early years care and education for parents accessing training, education or employment opportunities or families referred from Government and community agencies.
- To comply with Government guidelines and legislation in order to meet best practice standards in all strands of work undertaken by Finglas Childcare Ltd.
- To source and coordinate quality training in order to provide all staff with continuous professional development within the QQI framework.
Finglas Childcare permanently employ 16 early years practitioners and a panel of relief workers to cover annual and sick leave. We also employ additional practitioners through the Access and Inclusion(AIM) support programme.
Our Accounts and Administration Team are based in our Head Office on the first floor of Fionn Ghlas Early Years Hub. The office is overseen by Bridget, her assistant Leonne and Liz and Pauline. Betsy, the Childcare Development Manager, is also based on the first floor. Damien HR/Staff manager also shares this space.
Finglas Childcare Ltd sponsor a DSP work training programme. These participants are employed in childcare, housekeeping, maintenance and administration duties. All of our cooks hold a HACCP certificate and all of the meals on our 2 weekly menu are prepared and cooked on site.
All staff working in our locations are Garda vetted before commencing employment. This is renewed every 3 years. Photographic proof of identity and proof of address in addition to a C.V and 2 validated references are required.
All of our early years practitioners are trained to at least a QQI Level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education with most holding a QQI Level 6. All of the practitioners are trained in the Highscope Curriculum and Aistear Curriculum Framework. Some staff are currently studying for a degree in early years care and education.
All early years practitioners hold current First Aid Response Certificates (PHECC), that are renewed bi-annually. They are also trained in Child Protection, Child Safe Guarding and Manual Handling.
We support degree students on work placements every year.